We hope our End the Lib Lab CON campaign will be a success tomorrow and that they are taught a serious lesson at the ballot box. I have just seen that Andrea Leadsom has now quit and whether this will start a chain reaction of events moving forward to fully oust Theresa May we shall wait and see.
When I set up Unity in November 2017 it was to ensure a genuine grassroots voice for leave voters and to campaign on the streets and on social media. We were one of the first groups to organise demos outside Parliament last year and have since been featured widely on the media, distributed hundreds of thousands of leaflets as well eye-catching posters and graphics.
Unity is not just about Brexit however, the UK is an absolute mess and we need fundamental change to address key issues around continued mass immigration and social cohesion as well as growing inequality so the campaign will continue.
If you woke up this morning and turned on the news you would be greeted with the howls of how well the Lib Dems have done in the Council Elections and it being a pro-remain vote. The reality, as ever, is very different with Lib Dems barely mentioning Brexit in their leaflets and focusing very much on local issues and campaigning hard. The Lib Dems are always very good at that.
However on a far more positive note both the Tories and Labour have taken an absolute pasting. The Tories in Middle England and the South with Labour taking a hammering in their former Northern heartlands. The Tories could be down around 800 seats by the end of today with Labour down around 100 which for an opposition party of 9 years is terrible. The other big story of the night was the amount of spoilt ballot papers with up to 800 in Basildon alone, once the nationwide figure comes out it will be a large percentage.
Thanks again to everyone who has chipped in so far to the crowdfund for our posters, leaflets and social media adverts, we need to keep up the pressure leading to the EU elections on the 23rd of May.
In the meantime you may have seen that Facebook has banned a number of high profile figures in the USA such as Paul Joseph Watson and Laura Loomer. The reality is on Facebook you can't say anything, machine learning algorithms are stopping most conversation with people being banned for the most ridiculous of reasons. We are working on something and will keep you posted so remember and sign up below for updates!
Any questions, thoughts or feedback then please let us know.
The Unity Team
We are now as a campaign solidly encouraging everyone on May the 2nd in the local elections and May the 23rd EU Elections to vote AGAINST the Lib Lab CON establishment! They have totally failed us on so many levels and need taught a lesson.
Please either right click and save images or use the links below to download now, print and put in your window, van or car! Please send us in some pictures of them in your window.
As a campaign we would love to have seen UKIP & The Brexit Party unite but this doesn't appear to be the case. We wish both parties the best of luck and to anyone standing who believes in a WTO Brexit. However we wish both parties success in sending the Establishment a message!
What we must do is ensure that on May the 2nd in The Local Elections and in the EU elections on the 23rd of May especially we need to end the pattern of voting for establishment parties! They need taught a lesson badly.
For this campaign we will be printing leaflets, posters and intelligent targeted social media adverts. We have leafletting teams ready and raring to go and will be sending out posters to supporters and members as well. All money raised goes towards direct campaigning, nobody at UK Unity takes a salary.
The more we raise the more we can do so we have set up a crowdfund. If you agree that politics in the UK must change and want to help spread the word:
1. It will allow the UK to cash in, not crash out - the UK will not have to pay the £39billion divorce bill
2. It avoids the corrosive uncertainty which the transition period would bring
3. The UK will be able to use administrative measures to solve Irish border issue, without the need for a backstop
4. After resolving the Irish border issue, the UK as a whole will be able to enter a Canada +++ style free trade deal, such as the one suggested by Donald Tusk
5. WTO is a safe haven, not a hard option. Six of the EU’s top 10 trading partners trade under WTO rules
6. UK exports to countries trading on WTO terms have grown 3x faster than to the Single Market
7. EU tariffs on exports from the UK would amount to less than half the UK’s current net contribution to the EU budget
8. The UK is already a WTO member so would not need to rejoin it
9. We can start to trade on the new tariff schedules as soon as we leave, without waiting for agreement from other WTO members
10. The UK is making good progress in replicating the EU’s most important preferential trade arrangements. Switzerland has already agreed to carry over existing preferences
11. The UK could take up Japan’s invitation to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership
12. Bilateral trade deals do not have to take a long time to renegotiate. The average renegotiation time is 28 months
13. “Micro” trade agreements will not be a big issue
14. Scares about delays to imports are ‘ludicrous’, because Britain will control its borders
15. There will be no medicine shortages
16. There will be no food shortages
17. Manufacturing supply chains and other goods deliveries will not be significantly affected
18. The UK will not run out of clean water
19. HMRC’s computer systems will be able to handle extra customs declarations, even if its new system is not fully online
20. France is determined to prevent delays at Calais for fear of losing trade to Belgian and Dutch port
21. A new traffic routing system will prevent serious delays to incoming lorrie
22. Planes will continue to fly to and from the EU
23. Planes will continue to fly to the US and elsewhere
24. Aircraft manufacturers will still be able to export parts, such as Airbus wings, despite claims to the contrary
25. British haulage companies will still be able to operate between the UK and the EU
26. Trade in animals, plants and food will continue after Brexit
27. UK citizens will not face high mobile phone roaming charges when travelling to the EU
28. UK car manufacturers have obtained approvals to sell their models to the EU
29. New VAT rules will not affect the cash flow of importers
30. British opera singers, musicians and other performers will still be able to tour the EU
These are Lord Peter Lilley's 30 reasons to embrace a WTO Brexit, if you agree sign up free as a supporter by clicking below now!
Further to my numerous emails and articles written I think the chances of The Brexit Party and UKIP working together in any constructive way, shape or form to maximise the Brexit vote at coming elections is now ZERO. The comments from both Mr Batten and Mr Farage today about one another in my opinion were counter-productive. I have a number of personal thoughts on what is going on but I will not let them cloud my judgement. I will present to you two partisan arguments (which are not official positions of UK Unity) and then our final assessment of the best way forward.
A Positive Review-
The Brexit Party launch today was extremely slick and well managed, the setting was bang on as was the imagery. The candidates who spoke were very human and as ever Farage showed he is a fearsome political operator and communicator with a substantial social media portfolio to utilise. They will continue to gain the majority of the mainstream media coverage and in my opinion will comfortable poll ahead of UKIP in the Euro Elections, whether they will win or not is debatable but Mr Farage certainly felt confident enough to place a bet on it! They will be extremely well funded and appeal very much to disgruntled Conservative voters and UKIP stalwarts from the coastal areas (where it first came to prominence) and even potentially tapping into Labour brexiteers.
Farage said this is not just a party for these elections but for so much more that will appeal not only ex- Conservatives but also the 5 million Labour voters who voted leave. He also intimated that he has spoken extensively with President Trump. Farage said he was forced to leave UKIP over their obsession with Islam and the Brexit Party would not be 'intolerant of intolerance' and not allow 'thuggish' elements with criminal records to get involved in it like UKIP has. He also said they were confronted by these 'thuggish' elements at the Leave Means Leave rally. The Brexit Party offers a clean slate, an untarnished brand and something new to voters.
The analysis that I produced yesterday on the potential impact of UKIP/ The Brexit Party running against each other has resulted in a great deal of discussion. The overwhelming number of comments and responses is that they want Mr Batten & Mr Farage, two Brexit warriors, to put their differences aside and work together.
Now I am a realist and I understand there is a great deal of bad blood and other issues but what I am going to do now is come up with a compromise that can work for everyone, a Blairite third way if you pardon the expression!
Firstly I would like to set a bit of context to this argument and the evidence to be presented. I am the founder of UK Unity and co-founder of Unity News Network, a genuine grassroots movement to campaign for Brexit & national enewal and a modern news information centre.
I have always been a 'euro-sceptic' but up until around a few months previous to the referendum of 2016 I was veering Remain, this was until David Cameron was humiliated in his negotiations and then I realised that we had to leave the EU. Leaving the EU means a full and proper Brexit. This has to be a WTO Brexit and a clean break, without this the reality is the UK would be a rule taker and colony of the EU.
In terms of voting and party loyalties I have been a member of both the Conservative Party and The Labour Party. Socially I believe in family values and promoting the Christian heritage of the UK. However economically I believe in a system that works for everyone and not just multi-nationals or big business. I have been around and involved in Politics for nearly 13 years and as a 'canny Scot' I am extremely sceptical of those who promise undeliverable aims and grandiose plans in order to string the wider public along. In anything that both UK Unity or Unity News has said it will do in terms of raising money it has delivered, we are not in the game of exploiting people or playing on emotions but rather delivering achievables.
Leaving the EU allows us to reclaim our sovereignty and independence as a nation. It also allows us to go down a new economic path away from the neo-liberal Blairite policies that have destroyed many working class communities of Britain and reduced the overall feeling of wealth in the UK. We can set our own trade deals and prioritise our own industries.
It doesn't look likely that we will be leaving the European Union anytime soon and even if we do it looks more and more likely it will be the softest of Brexit's with membership of the customs union which is an unmitigated disaster.
So this leads us on to the coming Council Elections on May the 2nd and also The European Elections at the end of May, many people have been asking for a comprehensive analysis of how this might play out so here it is.Read more